Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween Happiness

I love Halloween. It makes me sooo happy. If you come trick or treating to my house be prepared to laugh and cry! One Halloween this little boy trick or treated me. I was totally hyper (hmm, too many Peanut Butter Cups??) and decided to freak out my next guest...poor little guy. I poured red food coloring in my mouth and answered the door on my knees like I was dying...umm, yea...he started crying as the "blood" trickled out of my mouth...There may have been some coughing, causing a spray...whooops! sorry.




Anyhooooo...I have decided to give everyone a good laugh (since this is soooo not the norm) and share some of my favorite CREEPY (and I do mean I am a CREEP) stories with you.



When my brother was little he went trick or treating with some friends...helloooo? No adult??? And he got his big huge pillowcase full of candy stolen when he got beat up by some....GIRLS!!!! Poor Cheffy...They kicked him in his knees and he went down...then they took his candy!!! He still has a scar on his knee to prove that girls rule and boys drool!



Another time, we lived in a neighborhood with some immigrants. They were new to America and wanted to make a good impression so they handed out FULL SIZED 3 Musketeers...Oh yea baby!!! I didn't go to their house but when my sisters got home saying, "The Iranians are giving out candy bars!" Well, who wouldn't put back on their costume and head out one last time?? I put on my Kooky Spook Kosmic Kreeper costume (It had this hat that you blew up and there was an alien head on top of yours...so totally cool!) and headed up to their house. When I got there with my empty pillow case the guy said to me in his thick Iranian accent..."Oh, you are just getting started!" and he proceeded to pour the remainder of his 3 Musketeers FULL SIZED candy bars into my bag! Hallelujah!! Thus began my love of the foreigners. More about My trip to New York later.





Then there was the time that I was in 4th grade and went trick or treating and one lady said to me, "Aren't you a little old to be trick or treating?" I was sooo sad..You try being tall and chubby in 4th grade! It ain't pretty, LADY!!!! (sorry, I may need counseling for that one.)



Ahhh, yes...the year I dressed up as Marilyn Monroe and Jason Gardner was Boy George...so telling...for both of us!


The Halloween that I was engaged and I had a cold...more like cold feet!!! and didn't "feel up to doing much" with my fiance'. So he brought me a variety of soups in a gift bag (see back ground on the kitchen counter...the bag alone was reason to breakup)...I said, "Oh, thank you...I have something for you too" and gave him his ring back...then I went to a rockin' Halloween party dressed as a modern dancer and wore a fake naked bum and made out with a total stranger...What? I was celbrati...I mean, heart broken...Yea...That's it!



There was the Halloween that my mom sent me and my sister to the store and we ended up with my friends' brother in the car with us. On the way home we saw our friend jogging and thought it would be funny (Oh my heck...How rude) to throw EGGS at him. So we slow down, roll down the window and Brandon throws eggs at this poor friend jogging. Wouldn't you know it, it wasn't our friend Hadrien after all! It was a total stranger! So I just drive off. Since we chose to throw eggs at a runner....guess what...he followed us home (I'm brilliant like that, to drive directly home after committing a crime). I went home and started making apple cider when the door bell rings. The convo went something like this: "Good Evening, officer, would you care for some apple cider? What? Eggs? Jogger? Indeed?". The officer told me if I gave up my friends' brother I wouldn't in trouble....my record is still clean today!



I can't help but wonder what this Halloween holds in store...I do hope it's a little less CREEPY than others.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I think what you said was, "More Creeeepy for Cheeeeapy." Ahh, Halloweens of our youth. They were great, weren't they?

Stacia said...

That is so funny! I love the stories. I usually can only come up with one, but you just whip out a ton for ONE topic! I dressed up as Marilyn Monroe too one year. Loved the dress I got at the thrift store. Black with rhinestones.

collette said...

Hilarious! I'm definitely coming trick-or-treating to your house this year!