Thursday, October 9, 2008

EWWWWW!

Anyone out there have an ex? You may or may not. And you may or may not have a relationship with them. Mr. Wonderful, for example, does not (and is not allowed to) have a relationship with his ex. I happen to have 3 GORGEOUS (they get that from me) babies with mine which in turn = speaking terms. We really have a pretty decent relationship except when we are on our periods...then watch out!



I could write a book about weird conversations I've had in my lifetime, and many of them would be convos I've had with Mr. Ex. For instance: Yesterday.



We were chatting on the phone. Mr. Ex is gearing up for hip replacement surgery (many of you would say, "Dang he's old, you should've hung in there until he died and gotten his insurance money", but alas..he's only 42...too much football...so really to hang in there would not be pretty and he probably would've lived to be 347 years old and I never would've seen a penny...that is my luck with him). Anyhooooo...we were talking on the phone and he posed a super scarry question to me (weird that halloween is just around the corner...this is scarrier than anything you've ever seen at Halloween!)

Mr Ex's question: What would you do if you died and walked in the front door of your mansion in heaven and I'm sitting there on the couch in my underwear?

(Que scarry Halloween music) Shivers and chills ran up and down my spine! My hair stood on end. My teeth chattered. My mouth went dry as bile entered it.

Minky's Answer: Put in for a transfer!!!

Note to anyone who burries me! I, Minky, hereby request that I be burried with my sealing cancellation letter in my hand! It must never be pried from my cold dead hands! I will take it to the grave with me, just in case some paper work got lost in Heaven's Filing Cabinet. Also to be burried with me is my sealing information so that me and Mr. Wonderful can hold hands and skip through the daisies for eternity.

Mr. Ex would make a great neighbor though. Just make sure we're not on our periods together

4 comments:

Mr. X said...

You know, after some thought about this, my house in the afterlife will probably be made of flames, barbed wire and orange circus peanuts, so I am guessing that you would know it was me and that you would be needing to be hitting the 'up' button on the elevator to get up to your house.

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

Your wish is my command!!!! (Also I will bury you with super duty tampax).

Karlee Turner said...

Mindy, Mindy..you make me laugh so hard! If only I could be so entertaining...
I wonder if this was the type of 'shout out' that Mr. Ex was envisioning when he wanted you to talk about him on your blog...hmmm :) You're great!

Anonymous said...

I believe the correct answer to this question would have been, "Oops, wrong door." SLAM! or perhaps, "Hey, you, get off of my cloud." or "Is that a pitchfork in your pants or are you just glad to see me?"