Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Rocky Horror Picture Show



If you think watching a man run around in a red satin speedo, fishnets and stillettos is scary (let's not do the time warp again!), just wait until you see my friend Steph's yard!

Everyday when I drive by and see her poor husband out there, working and slaving and breaking his back to move these rocks I think, "Geeze! Poor Mr. Pond, We should really help them with their yard!" Then I regain consciousness and think..."Ummm, I dont really want to ruin my nails, and my back is really sore today, and hmmm, whats for dinner, did you see that bird?" and then...it's gone. Gone.

This is not your typical yard. Mr. Wonderful (who I believe is an expert at everything) even says he has never seen anything like it. We wonder if there is even dirt on the lot , or just smaller rocks cementing in the bigger rocks. Mr. Pond usually has at least 2 of his littles outside "helping" him. Steph is always close by to offer him a cool drink of lemonade or some much needed moral support...When I was little and we had to do stuff around the house, the first one to "have to go the bathroom" stayed in the bathroom until the work was done. I believe that, like me, she has to go to the bathroom alot. I mean ALOT (me, not necessarily her)...so, sometimes you just need to stay inside in the air conditioning, just in case..you know.

The thing is that these rocks are not merely rocks...like the rocks that Shorty brings me home every single day and I forget to check the laundry pockets and they get washed and help my washing get extra clean...these are boulders. Like major rocks!

When we bought our house they had to blast out a boulder the size of a VW Bug so that we can have the luxery of natural gas. I think Steph and Mr. Pond had to blast out a boulder the size of Kentucky (if not...it sure looks like it). They had to have a commercial trencher come in and trench and all that kind of stuff...I dont really know what that means because I had to go to the bathroom soooo much that Mr. Wonderful just hired someone to do our yard...he is smart enough not to have any delusions...he knows all about me.

The thing is...I really wish I could help...but I just don't really want to. I have to go to the bathroom!

4 comments:

Stacia said...

Cute blog background! Those are some serious rocks. That's funny about the bathroom. I have done that at work sometimes. We have very rocky places where we live, since a lot of this land was river bed at one point in time.

You have GOT to CALL me tomorrow. I have been thinking about you ALL DAY! So PLEASE CALL, please?

collette said...

You make me laugh! Gosh...he's got his work cut out for him, doesn't he? That looks like the land you'd find out here in Stinky-ville!

Had a BLAST yesterday! Can't wait 'til next time!

Teresa said...

funny. but you should have mentioned the QUEEN of the bathroom, Krista. But, she did teach us well. love ya -

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

I do have a catheter that you can borrow; it's awesome; just tape it on your leg and you'll be good to help me for many hours!!!