Friday, February 13, 2009

The Royal Fools

When I was 12, I was in a band....Me and my sister and Jason Gardner... We went to Bothell Music and pooled our money and bought the sheet music for "Saving All My Love for You" by Her Royal Highness, Miss Whitney Houston. We came home to our house and Jason played the piano in our little music nook. My sister played her rockin' string bass...and I...well, lets just say, I outsang Whit herself. We were going to be so freaking famous! But we couldnt find a gig! 12 years later (hahaha...if you do the math, you will laugh) I have a 12 year old son who is in a band. The Royal Fools. He is the lead singer and guitarist (player guy). He has been dying to get a "gig"...so Mommy aka the Band Manager...suggested the local talent show. Here is their tryout. I am proud of him, and just a little sad that me and the band arent going to get back together. What do you say, Jason? Krista? One last gig that would really be our first??

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't tell you how proud I am that you've taught him to love the awesomest musical genre ever: the 80s! The Clash rocks and so do the Royal Fools.

WhiteRabbit said...

Royal Fools ROCK!

Darci said...

I'll be YOUR manager! I can promise you some pretty good gigs! There's a nursing home down the street where I have a "contact".... Let me know if Krista and Jason are up for it! :-)

CUTRER said...

ok when do the tickets on sale put me down for 2