Friday, December 12, 2008

I've Done It! (and now I'm doomed)


About 5 years I was at a meeting in L.A. and the speaker brought in 2 HUGE boxes of See's Chocolates. I mean, I am a chocolate officianado and I didn't even know they made boxes that big. Well, as the BIG box was passed around the room I happened to choose a Butterscotch Milk Chocolate Square...I was in love! After the meeting I went to the boxes of chocolate and proceeded to "weed out" the rest of the butterscotch squares...for the sake of the others. I was saving everyone from certain weight gain! I'm so good to others!
For pretty much every holiday or special occasion Mr. Wonderful will get me a honkin' box of just butterscotch milk chocolate squares...be still my heart!

Mommy was telling me that she had a recipe for the delectable filling in these little pieces of heaven...called Penuche (pa-NOO-sh). Then when I was reading the Martha Stewart Christmas magazine I found the recipe in there. I, of course, made it and the taste was RIGHT ON...even though the texture was not. With a few tweaks to the recipe...WAHAHAHAHAH (evil scientist laugh) I've Done It!!! I have replicated the See's Butterscotch Milk Chocolate Square filling! and last night I made chocolates!

I can totally compete with Mrs. See now. Oh yea Baby!!!! My toughest critic, Mr. Wonderful, even said they taste EXACTLY like the See-Miser's ( Miser, because she always tries to ruin my holidays with her tempting treats and imminent fatness...like her brothers, Heat and Snow trying to ruin Christmas with their weather! She wins!)
I continued in my chocolate making effort with some Cherry Cordials (the kids dig 'em) and some lemon, RUM (shhhhhhhhhh), mint and orange flavored butter creams....they are all relatively fantastic, but I think I've made it clear where my heart is.
All I have to say is, "Beware, Ye who sit next to my big butt..thanks to my fabulous taste for the good stuff...you'll have even less room than before!"

5 comments:

Karlee Turner said...

Wow...I'm impressed. Taking on the Mrs. See herself. I'm afraid my weakness would have to be the mint chocolates...maybe you need to show me how to make them??

Tonii said...

Oh, you are SO bringing those to craft night! ;) I am majorly impressed!!

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

OK...I need a sample at once!!

Maryann said...

Oh Mindy, you make me laugh!! My but is SO not large enough, so I'd better have some!

The Blackburn's said...

Soooo, where in the @$^$@!#$%^& are mine?? Come after new years I'm back on the wagon my friend :( I totally need to!!